Google is looking for an experienced project manager with linguistic background (native Bahasa Indonesia speaker) for a contract work starting around August 2013. See text below for job descriptions and requirements.
Linguistic Project Manager (Bahasa Indonesia)
As a Linguistic Project Manager and a native-level speaker of Bahasa Indonesia, you will oversee and manage all work related to achieving high data quality for linguistic projects in Indonesian.
You will be based in our office in Jakarta, Indonesia, managing a team of junior linguists and working on a number of projects towards developing standards around pronunciation and natural language speech
- managing and overseeing the work of your team
- creating verbalisation rules, such as expanding URLs, email addresses, numbers
- providing expertise on pronunciation and phonotactics
- creating pronunciations for lexicon entries
- working with QA tools according to given guidelines and using in-house tools
- native-level speaker of Bahasa Indonesia (Jakarta preferred) and fluent in English
- keen ear for phonetic nuances and attention to detail; knowledge of the language’s phonology
- must have attended elementary school in Jakarta, Indonesia;
- ability to quickly grasp technical concepts
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- good organizational skills, previous experience in managing external resources
- advanced degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics preferred
- also a plus: proficiency with HTML, XML, and some programming language; previous experience working in a Linux environment
Project duration: 6-9 months.
For resume submission and any enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org